SparkFun Qwiic Haptic Driver - DA7280 ROB-17590 is very weak

I’m using the Sparkfun I2C example for the DA7280 and I can barely feel it buzzing. I’m using a Raspberry PI Pico and also tried connecting an external 3.3v power to the board, and tried setting hapDrive.setVibrate(127); along with other values and it doesn’t seem any better. How strong should the vibration be? Could the motor be defective?

It’s very faint; it should be about like a key FOB that vibrates…much less than say, a phone or similar

I experienced the same thing. In the I2C sample, in the defaultMotor function, sparkSettings.nomVolt should not be 0, change it to 2.5 (for the included LRA). This should be 2.5 regardless of whether you are in acceleration mode or not, contrary to the comment in the code.

I think there’s an issue in the sample code. The nomVolt setting in defaultMotor shouldn’t be 0, regardless of whether it’s in accel mode or not. When I change nomVolt 2.5, the LRA really goes!

Create an issue here that details as much to alert the engineer for that repo and they should get it fixed up :slight_smile:

I filed an issue here so that I don’t forget.

Thanks,
Elias