Tiny AVR Programmer error: avrdude: Expected signature for ATtiny85 is 1E 93 0B

Hi

I have a digispark Tiny AVR Programmer an I plugged in a 8 pin Attiny85 with the notch on the same side as in the white PCB outline.

I “believe” I have followed the instructions at the hookup guide ( https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ti … ic-install). I am up to uploading a sketch and I get an error

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

avrdude: Expected signature for ATtiny85 is 1E 93 0B

Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

Wrong microcontroller found. Did you select the right board from the Tools > Board menu?

In device manager I have “libusb-win32 devices - FabISP” driver installed, I used the Zadig tool, I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times

I have loaded the damellis add-on git hub files in the hardware folder of Arduino (https://github.com/damellis/attiny)

I have gone into boards manager and installed “attiny by David A mellis”

In Adruino IDE 1.8.15 I selected

• Boards: “ATtinny 25/45/85”

• Processor: “Atinny85”

• Clock “internal 1Mhz”

• Com 1 is ticked, but I believe this is irrelevant

• Programmer “USBtinyISP”

I have clicked the “Load bootloader” and I get the same error

I have managed to load the LED blink sketch software on the “Digispark ATTINY85 Arduino Compatible Board” with the Attiny already soldered onto it. I believe these boards already have a bootloader loaded and thus it connects.

Any ideas/solutions of the error please?

Can you provide a link to the exact programmer you’re using, or can you attach a photo of the programmer?

following is a picture. I have also tried it on another computer with the same problem

It looks like you’re trying to program an ATtiny13 rather than a ATtiny85. I think that might be your problem. :frowning:

You are incredible attention to detail, thank you. I selected the wrong microcontroller and they look identical I never noticed. Thanks for the time saving, on the bright side I will be able to test both microcontrollers and perhaps the 13 might be a cheaper option?