Wireless SparkFun Qwiic Micropressure Sensor setup in inside of pressure bottle

Hello,

I am not an expert on the sensor and coding business. I am trying to read the pressure inside a pressure bottle in a corrosion experiment. Right now I am using zigbee based sensors and a raspberry pi but I am not satisfied with the pressure range of those. I was wondering if it is possible to attach the MicroPressure Sensor to a battery and have a wireless setup possibly connected to a raspberry pi?

Thanks in advance!

Each Qwiic MicroPressure Sensor has a calibrated pressure sensing range from 1-25psi and a power consumption rate as low as 0.01mW typ. average power, 1Hz measurement frequency for ultimate portability. Used in multiple medical (blood pressure monitoring, negative pressure wound therapy), industrial (air braking systems, gas and water meters).

For making a wireless connection, you have to interface it with a wifi/bluetooth/Xbee module and communicate with the Raspberry Pi.

You can also check the BMP180 to find our which one suits better for your application.

https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ … -pi-4.html

You want the transmitter and sensor inside the bottle? Is so, what kind of vessel?

How much relative pressure are you expecting?

brow:
You want the transmitter and sensor inside the bottle? Is so, what kind of vessel?

How much relative pressure are you expecting?

Yes, inside the bottle. It is a plastic coated borosilicate glass bottle which withstands pressure up to 1.5 bar overpressure. I expect pressures up to 2 bar when corroding the complete material. More realistic for my purpose is approximately up to 1 bar.

aliarifat794:
Each Qwiic MicroPressure Sensor has a calibrated pressure sensing range from 1-25psi and a power consumption rate as low as 0.01mW typ. average power, 1Hz measurement frequency for ultimate portability. Used in multiple medical (blood pressure monitoring, negative pressure wound therapy), industrial (air braking systems, gas and water meters).

For making a wireless connection, you have to interface it with a wifi/bluetooth/Xbee module and communicate with the Raspberry Pi.

You can also check the BMP180 to find our which one suits better for your application.

https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ … -pi-4.html

Thank you, I’ll read into it!

Ok, that’s not very much pressure and borosil is relatively transparent where you’ll want it to be for a transmitter. On the other hand, there’s now the apparent problem of fitting your instrument through the neck of a bottle.

Since it’s to be self contained, it will need to use an absolute pressure transducer with values against vacuum. Again, the low pressures make this manageable, though it would be a lot easier still if you can snake a single hose or pipe out.

What I think would be cool is a wireless power transmitter demo for a ship in a bottle. An induction loop, a solar charger, maybe a laser heat pile generator? power the paddle.