9DoF Razor IMU M0 USB Device Board Descriptor Request Failed

I recently purchased the 9DoF Razor IMU M0, and I decided to use it with my MacBookPro 2017(bootcamped), and I installed the latest version of Arduino(v 1.8.9), as well as the latest versions of all the necessary Arduino Libraries/Boards (e.g. Arduino SAMD Boards version 1.8.1 and SparkFun SAMD boards version 1.6.2). I plugged it in and everything seemed to be working perfectly fine, I was even able to push several sketches to the board and have them print data to the Serial Monitor. However, at one point, I pushed a sketch and the device stopped working. When I looked at the Device Manager(as per the advice of other forums), it told me that I recieved a code 43 error and the device board descriptor request failed. I can no longer select a port in the Arduino Program and the “port” menu item is grayed out. I even attempted to use the 9DoF IMU on my Macbook in macOS Mojave, but I experienced the same issue as with Windows 10. I have tried installing USB serial drivers, and installing new FTDI drivers, but the device still does not work. What should I do?

(Btw I am using a USB Hub with my MacBook, I have seen that this could be part of the problem). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry i posted this in the wrong forum(it was meant to go to SAMD topics folder under boards and microprocessors

Hi Andrey,

Try forcing the board into bootloader mode by holding the SCL pin LOW on start-up. We have a troubleshooting tip for this issue in our Hookup Guide:

If your 9DoF Razor IMU won’t enter the bootloader, or take new code, you can force it into the bootloader by holding the SCL pin LOW on start up. Flip the IMU’s switch off, use a jumper wire to connect SCL to GND, and turn the switch back on. While in the bootloader, the blue pin 13 LED should remain illuminated.

After that, you should be able to select the bootloader port and upload code. If that does not work, let us know and we can troubleshoot further.