ARTIC R2 with Arduino UNO

Hi,

I bought the ARGOS Satellite Transceiver Shield recently. I connected the board to arduino UNO. I tested Example18_TransmitARGOS3Example from Arduino 1.1.1 library. As a result, I cannot transmit any data to the Argos.

Could you help me with the problem?

ARTIC : Arduino

GND : GND

VUSB : 5V

SCLK : 13 (SCK)

CIPO : 12 (MISO)

COPI : 11 (MOSI)

CS : 10(SS)

G8 : 3

BOOT : 4

INT1 : 5

INT2 : 6

RESETB : 7

PWR_EN : 8

RF_EN : 9

Hello @WeiZh,

Please be careful. The older Arduino Uno boards had 5V I/O pins. You must use 3.3V I/O signals with the ARTIC R2. You may damage the ARTIC if you connect it to 5V signals.

Please try:

ARTIC : Arduino

GND : GND

VUSB : 5V

SCLK : 13 (SCK)

CIPO : 12 (MISO)

COPI : 11 (MOSI)

CS : 10 (SS)

G8 : 9

BOOT : 8

INT1 : 7

INT2 : 6

RESETB : 5

PWR_EN : 4

RF_EN : 3

Then change the pin assignments in the code to:

// Pin assignments

int CS_Pin = 10;

int GAIN8_Pin = 9;

int BOOT_Pin = 8;

int INT1_Pin = 7;

int INT2_Pin = 6;

int RESET_Pin = 5;

int ARTIC_PWR_EN_Pin = 4;

int RF_PWR_EN_Pin = 3;

This post contains more information:

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=57309

Best wishes,

Paul

Hi @WeiZh,

We learned recently that some ARTIC R2 boards had been incorrectly programmed with the wrong Platform ID. Each board has two IDs: a decimal one which you use to access your data on ArgosWeb; and a hexadecimal one which is embedded in each satellite uplink message. These boards had been incorrectly programmed with the decimal ID instead of the hexadecimal one. You can tell if your board is affected by calling readPlatformID(). If the true hexadecimal ID is returned, all is well. If the value is the decimal ID - expressed in hexadecimal - then your board requires reprogramming as your messages will not be delivered. Please return your board ( https://www.sparkfun.com/returns ). We will reprogram it and return it to you quickly. If your project is time-critical, please contact us again here and we will provide a software work-around. We apologise for the error and the inconvenience.

Best wishes,

Paul