Blackboard c serial port connectivity problems

I’m not sure where to post this, but I got a blackboard c and tried to upload a program to it with Arduino v 1.8.12 (mac), and I can’t figure out what board I should select, because it won’t give me the correct port to select. It said Arduino/Genuino Uno on the product’s page, but I couldn’t find that board in v 1.8.12. Is there another version I should install, and what board should I select?

You should be able to select “Arduino Uno”, that profile comes with Arduino IDE by default.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.22.07 AM.png

Thanks for the help. I just selected Arduino Uno, and one port is called " /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port" but it does not upload to the board when I select that

That is a port that Mac has open but isn’t usable by us. You’ll want to look for another port under “Tools > Port”

There is no other port under “tools>port”. I have Arduino Uno selected for the board. Should I be in a different version?

No, that version is correct. Have you installed the CH340 drivers? https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ho … rs#mac-osx

I didn’t have the drivers installed, so now that I did that, I can upload. Thanks for all your help!

I’m having the same problem, except I do have the CH340 drivers installed, confirmed in device manager. I have ‘Arduino Uno’ selected as board, my COM part is correct, my programmer is ‘AVRISP mkII’. Trying to load basic blink program I get:

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Uno”

Sketch uses 924 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avr_read(): error reading address 0x0000

read operation not supported for memory “flash”

avrdude: failed to read all of flash memory, rc=-2

This report would have more information with

“Show verbose output during compilation”

option enabled in File → Preferences.

Sorry - probably missing something stupid here…

When you unplug the board and then go back to the Tools/Port menu, does the COM port you were using disappear?

Does pressing the reset button make the D13 LED blink 3 times?