Coin Acceptor Training Issue?

Hello,

I am having issues with training one of your coin acceptors (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11719). The device powers on but when I follow the directions to train the acceptor by pushing the “SET” button until the first register is displayed on the seven segment/led strip and dropping a training coin the coin in the slot the coin is rejected and training mode is exited. I have successfully trained one of these devices before so I do understand the directions and know what to expect if it was working properly. Please advice on how to proceed?

Thank you,

Gabriel Norton

Double check switches one the back are set how the other one you have is https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/7/a/b/a … types_.pdf

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding your response. First, what does or should the switches on the back of the acceptor have to do with the training, no association is documented in the pdf you attached or the document that was provided with the device. Second, which document should I consider the directions, those which came with the device and differ from those you provided or those you provided?

Thanks,

Gabriel Norton

I would think NO/NC modes would invert the detection schema…not certain though, never actually had one of them

If all else fails contact the vendor for a replacement (www.sparkfun.com/returns if bought from us)

Hello,

I see, I thought this forum was for technical support on the products that Sparkfun sells. I will reach out to the returns department.

Thank you,

Gabriel Norton

I have checked all of the connections, validate them with a meter through the harness provide with the coin acceptor as well as assured that the plug was firmly in place and correctly aligned with the pins on the device. For the power supply I am using a lab grade bench top power supply set to 12v. The coins are the same coins, not just the same type of coin as used previously. The device is clean and free of obstruction. The documentation provided with this device is … lacking or not actually the for the device I was provided. I tend to think that the latter is actually the case as the docs reference a serial port on a device that does not appear have one. Each of the two that I ordered came with different boxes and no obvious model number on the packaging or device to facilitate finding any additional manufacturers documentation.