Connect Qwiic RFID to Arduino Uno

Hi,

I purchased a RFID Qwiic Kit, but I don’t have a Qwiic-enabled board. I would like hook it up to a Arduino Uno. Please provide direction/code if possible. I have a Qwiic breadboard jumper.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott!

The directions and code we have for the kit should work as is, but the way you connect to the Uno would be slightly different.

What you’re going to need to do is connect the wires on your Qwiic breadboard cable to the Uno like so:

Red → 3.3V

Black → GND

Blue → SDA

Yellow → SCL

Then connect the plug end of your Qwiic breadboard cable to the kit and everything else should be the same. :slight_smile:

Hi Chris,

Do I need to connect the SDA to A4 and SCL to A5? Also what do I connect the interrupt to - pin 8 of the UNO? Also, when I compile the Example 1 code I get:

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Uno”

C:\Users\slarwood\AppData\Local\Temp\ccoZyV3Y.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `main’:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:46: undefined reference to `loop’

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.

Sorry for the mess,

Scott

Never mind! I got it working. The problem was I did not have the “loop” portion of the code- was in a separate window in the tutorial.

Best,

Scott

Glad you got it working! :slight_smile: