Good quality bench variable DC power supply?

I have a pretty low quality DC power supply on my workbench. It works but I’d like to get a new one that has two or more channels and is a bit better quality. There are some single channel ones in the SparkFun store but I see they’ve been discontinued. Anybody have a brand or model they like? Or have recommendations? I really don’t know I’ve been out of design loop for 12 years now just getting back into it at home with a few projects.

Rigol and Siglent are good (lower priced) brands. If you don’t mind cheaper chinese stuff from Amazon I have had good experience with Nice-Power.

1 Like

Awesome. I have a Siglent Oscope & Function Generator. Seem to work nicely.

I maybe dating myself a bit but what ever happened to Agilent? They used to send a bus with demo instruments on it to my workplace. We used their stuff almost exclusively. I started on Analog Scopes but we got some HP stuff in college (became Agilent I believe). I cannot find them anywhere?

I’ve got my eye on the Siglent SPD1305X, for the day when my trusty TTi (Thurlby Thandar) EL302P finally gives up… For multi-rail, have a look at the SPD3303C.

Best,
Paul

1 Like

Agilent is now Keysight. They are quite good still. But they are expensive (like big company expensive); so for a home workbench Siglent or Rigol are still pretty good quality instruments but less expensive.

1 Like

I found ventek power supply good. The price was also reasonable.

1 Like

Awesome that’s good to know! I ran into a HP engineer from their measurement division in Washington. He had told me the name but I forgot it. I’ll keep that in mind for when I buy more instruments.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Really appreciate it.