GPS-RTK Board - NEO-M8P-2 (Qwiic) with DataLogger IoT - 9DoF

Hey all -

I am new here and likely asking dumb questions - thanks up front for your patience.

My setup:

• DataLogger IoT - 9DoF
  • - GPS-RTK Board - NEO-M8P-2 (Qwiic)
  • - GNSS Multi-Band L1/L2/L5 Helical Antenna (SMA)
  • - SMA to U.FL Cable - 150mm
  • - Qwiic Cable Kit
  • I have 2 primary questions:

• - how do I get the logger to recognize and connect to the GPS board?
  • - I am connecting the boards with the QWIIC cable.
  • - I am powering and communicating to the logger via USB and Tera Term - that works well.
  • - Both boards show power LEDS.
  • - However, the logger does not show the GPS as a connected devices.
  • - The documentation I see on the logger indicates that the connection should be automatic - so I am assuming the problem is the GPS board.
  • - The hookup guide for the GPS shows how to configure the QWIIC interface via Arduino examples, however I am unable to get the Arduino IDE to recognize either the GPS or logger board. I added the appropriate libraries, but I couldn't find the boards in the board manager.
  • - how do I get the GPS to start providing coordinates?
  • - When I connect to the GPS via Tera Term and the USB port, I see a structure that makes sense, but the data is nonsense.
  • - I assume this is associated with the setup issues above and can be resolved by using the Arduino's IDE?
  • Thank you and appreciate any guidance.

CC

1. connection between the boards and the computer are correct and the ports are correct - I can communicate with both boards via Tera Term - just not the Arduino IDE.

2. The Arduino IDE shows the ports with “unknown board” - and the board manager does not show ANY sparkfun boards (not even grayed out like the Arduino boards are).

3. How do I check the drivers?