HDC-1080 Temperature altereted by PCI and CCS811?

I have a combo CCS811+HDC1080+BME280 and I realise some difficulties to read ambiente temperature. HDC1080 and BME read ok when I turn on circuit. But after 5 minutes the read temperature rise 3 degrees on both (BME280 and HDC1080.

I test various codes on Mi Arduino Uno, and every time presents the same problem. Its possible that the CCS811 have increment PCI temperature after worm up ?

An inspection whith IR termometer indicate alterated temperature over surface of Combo PCI after 5 minutes. (PS: The PCI was monted over suspendet base to prevent heating undesireble)

I apreciete very much some help.

Was this a board purchased directly from SparkFun?

If something on the board is warming up that’s going to affect any temperature measurement.

Other than using a different board to measure temperature and mounting that away from this board, the only other solution would be to figure out how many degrees different the measured temperature is from actual and then subtract that amount from your measured temp in code.

TS-Brandon:
Was this a board purchased directly from SparkFun?

HI Brandon.

Thank you for reading my question.

Answer your question, unfortunately not!

The breakout of the SparkFun - CCS811 / BME280 (Qwiic) combination would be perfect, but the shipping price to Brazil was very expensive.

By the way, would the presence of the CCS811 next to the BME280 in this SparkFan combination will generate the same temperature reading problem?

It’s just a congecture…

Very soon I will ask a friend to buy the SparkFun combo in the USA and improve my project.

Once more.

Thank you

YellowDog:
If something on the board is warming up that’s going to affect any temperature measurement.

Other than using a different board to measure temperature and mounting that away from this board, the only other solution would be to figure out how many degrees different the measured temperature is from actual and then subtract that amount from your measured temp in code.

I YellowDog! :wink:

Thank you for your reading and your replay.

In fact, the pci combo reader was mounted out of the main box and the only reason (in my opinion) for heating the BME280 and HDC1080 is caused by the CCS811 heat measurement method. But i can be wrong…for this reason i continuos searching …

I will try to understand if it is advantageous to look for a SparkFun combo to solve this trouble.

Otherwise i will add calculation to decremente reading temperature value.

Thanks for your attention YellowDog. :geek: