Multiple bad Artemis AGTs

Hi,

I tried raising this on your support form, but was redirected here:

We have had several bad Artemis AGTs recently – a bad batch?. Some of them let us program them, but they appear to not run the program (no output on serial, no blink). Some have communication issues with the GPS (this has happened before, and seem to be related to some connection internally on the board).

We have purchased and used tens and tens of these boards so we feel pretty confident about how we handle and use the boards.

Yet, the boards are expensive and I hope we can come to a solution with the faulty boards.

Best regards,
Gaute

You can use a logic analyzer or oscilloscope to check if any signals are being transmitted or received on the serial lines.

Inspect the soldering/pins; do you notice any shorts/bridges between joints? Are the caps stable/undamaged? Does the reset button feel normal?

How many units are in question?

At least three, possible four in this round. We have had similar issues previously. We will check these items on Monday.

Hello, I am Gaute’s coworker. The soldering pins all look fine, and the reset button feels normal. I’ve currently used 13 AGTs, 2 of them have no output on serial, and 1 has connection issues with the GPS. The rest are working fine, I see no difference between the ones that are working and the ones that don’t.
Best regards,
Trygve

Alrighty - Were they purchased from us? If so head over to Return Policy - SparkFun Electronics (contact vendor if purchased elsewhere) and we’ll get ya squared away