Myoware 2.0 Muscle Sensor and Gesture Control

Hey everyone,

I’m curious if anyone here has experience with developing or knows of a gesture control system using the Myoware 2.0 muscle sensor? By gesture control, I mean being able to recognise and differentiate flexion and extension of the fingers. I’m exploring some ideas and would love to hear about any existing projects, insights, or resources that could help.

Thanks in advance!

I think you need to implement a machine learning model for the best result. You can use the TinyML library and a ML compatible arduino board.

Yep, I don’t have experience with machine learning, but I assume I would have to take a large amount of readings from the sensor, note the gesture I was doing at the time for each, and then use this data to train the model?

I think this one will give you an idea: Gesture Recognition: TinyML for 8-bit Microcontroller - Hackster.io
This is based on gyro, but you can apply the same idea to muscle sensor. If you need some more idea about the basics of ML, you can start from here:
Your First Machine Learning Project in Python Step-By-Step - The Engineering Projects

1 Like