No LEDs activating on Pulse Oximeter and Heart Rate Sensor - MAX30101 MAX32664 (SEN-15219)

Hi,

I soldered headers to the sensor board and seem to be getting successful responses from the MAX32664 using the library from GitHub. I tried using both modes to check the extended status/LED counts. However, all the values are 0 and neither LED from the MAX30101 seem to be turning on. MFIO and RESET are connected to D6 and D5, respectively. Is there something I’m missing with the setup?

Thanks!

Share a few photos of the soldering/setup

Sure, please see the attached. I tried using both an Analog Discovery 3 (pattern generator on RST and MFIO, I2C protocol on the I2C pins) and the Particle Boron 404X. Double-checked it wasn’t 3.3V that was the issue – I2C lines behave appropriately by staying pulled up when the MAX32664 isn’t powered, and are pulled down when issuing the 0x02+0x00 Device Operating Mode status register check to 0x55 (0xAA/0xAB).

That solder connection on the GND pin isn’t looking too good; try reheating it; adding some flux or a touch of fresh solder may help.

/mike

Thanks Mike! I swapped the wiring around too (been a while since I breadboarded, haha…) and the sensor works now too. Mods, please mark this as solved!