No power on AzureWave Thing Plus

Hello, I purchased an AzureWave Thing plus (DEV-19957) in late March and finally got around to trying it out. However, when I power it through the USB-C port, I get no indication of power (no power LED and the Arduino IDE doesn’t recognize anything connected). I did some basic troubleshooting, and discovered that if I power the board through the USB port or though the battery connector, it draws about 30mA, but I get 0 volts on the output pin of the voltage regulator. I also probed the resistance at the regulator output pin and discovered it was 0 ohms to ground. Finally I tried to power the board (using a current limited power supply - to 300mA) on the 3.3v pin, and the power supply read 0V . I inspected the board closely for solder bridges, but cannot find any.

My guess is that I have a bad XC6222 voltage regulator.

If you agree, would it be possible to get a replacement? If you have other trouble-shooting ideas, I’d be happy to try them out.

Let me know if you’d like any additional info,

Lonnie

I tried multiple ISB cables and I tested my power supply ( a TEKPOWER TP3005T) to ensure it is functioning correctly. The Azurewave still is not powering up.

Please let me know my next steps to obtain a new board.

Thanks,

Lonnie

www.sparkfun.com/returns