RED-V USB Connection Problems

I received a RED-V development board (DEV-15444) from Mouser today. It is essentially unusable - it turns on, TX light tries to flash, then the LED labelled 13 flashes on and off every second (what I am assuming is a busy loop while it is waiting to be flashed for the first time). No matter what operating system or USB cable I use, the board will not show up as a device. On Windows (host), nothing in File Explorer or Device Manager appears. On Linux (Mint in VirtualBox VM), /dev/ttyUSB0 shows up after a minute or two of the board being plugged in, but no amount of communication with it yields any results. Funnily enough, in the USB options in VirtualBox, I can set up a filter where it recognizes “QinHeng Electronics USB Serial” which only appeared once I plugged the RED-V board in. I have tried two different Amazon Basics USB C to USB A cables which work with my Arduino. Using the USB 3.0 port on the front of my tower does nothing and using the USB 2.0 port causes /dev/ttyUSB0 to show and the “device plugged in” sound to play in Windows. Please advise how I could troubleshoot, it seems like a cable connection problem to me.

The complete lack of any form of help is extremely disappointing. After 20 days of no success, I suppose returning this defective product is my only means of satisfaction.

Hello, are you missing the CH340 driver by any chance?