RedBoard stopped responding

My daughter is working her way through the Inventor’s Kit and associated SIK. She’s currently on circuit 3B (distance sensor) but the Arduino board just… Stopped working. There’s no power light when plugged into the computer and nothing happens when using the battery pack.

I checked her connections every time before use and they were correct, so it isn’t an obvious short.

Is there something that can be done to reset the board? Or does this kind of error mean it needs to be replaced?

If replaced… Do I need to get the same RedBoard or can another Arduino version be used with the learning kit? Other Sparkfun versions are available at a local store, but not what came with the kit.

Thanks!

If it has the same pinout as the arduino it can be used interchangeably (though be sure to select the appropriate board type in the arduino IDE)

As for the SF one: do the LEDs still light up when plugged in? Also be sure to try a 2nd cable/usb port to rule those out as suspects

Thanks for the thoughts! I’ve tried two cables, two computers plus a battery pack instead of the USB cable. The power light does not turn on which suggests a board problem.

I’ll check pinout on other models, and get what’s available.