Seeking advice on new iron/handle for old soldering station (thermocouple sensor type)

First post here, so hopefully this is an appropriate post for this section :slight_smile:

I have an old soldering station (Micron - pre 1990s) that needs a new iron (lack of tip availability, corrosion of original sleeve). The station belonged to my grandfather and is something of a sentimental piece, so I’d love to get it back into action. Will be soldering mostly through hole, and some SMD (SOT23).

The heater element measures 12 ohms (heater) and 1 ohm (thermocouple sensor). Supply from station is 24V AC, and the old handle states 48 watts.

I’d love some suggestions on what would be a good compatible replacement handle with compatible thermocouple sensor-based heater, and the resistances of my original iron.

What would be a good bang for buck iron, with good tip availability that would fit my station? Can I get something decent for 50 bucks or less? I’ve looked around, but am a bit lost at this point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Nick

Not sure if you’ll find something that can totally match. You can see in online marketplaces. Be sure to check the product descriptions and specifications to ensure compatibility with your station’s voltage and resistance requirements.