Sparkfun. Create app to collect data?

Hola. I return to an old idea that requires a lot of effort from Sparkfun. Given the extensive catalog of RTK equipment they sell, I think the next step would be fantastic, and that’s when Sparkfun created its own app to collect data with a built-in ntrip client. Even if it is elemental, it is about raising points, changing the coordinate system and replanting points. To start it would be more than enough. I believe that the company should make it an extremely important complement to its teams. I welcome the idea and await your responses. Affectionate greetings. Angel

If you want to copy other companies, it could be something similar to what the Emlid company offers. Their app is called Emlid Flow.

Hi amlago - I appreciate your kind comments! Right now SparkFun is working on an app to configure the RTK Everywhere devices. It would be a much larger challenge to create a GIS app. I really don’t think we can do that well. Now if a group wanted to get together to create an open source app, I support the idea. But aren’t there already open source GIS options? QGIS and others?

Support applications and developers who code these things, so they will continue, and so you can direct development. Most developers are driven by what THEY want, not the baying mob with their own set of wants and needs.

Free software rarely pays the rent, so fund projects at level needed to get the results desired. Perhaps via bounties, retainers or sponsorship