SparkFun GPS-RTK-SMA Kit USB not detected

Hello
I purchased a SparkFun GPS-RTK-SMA Kit through your reseller in india on 28th Aug ( Buy KIT-18292 SparkFun GPS-RTK-SMA Kit | Evelta ) . While testing, i found that USB is not getting detected in windows or in linux.

I tried flashing your reset example through arduino, the flash goes well, but the module is still not getting detected. I also purchased a non kit module ( same model ) and its working fine.

I was told by the reseller that i need to get in touch with sparkfun and that they can authorize refund / return.

Please advice

I also tried connecting to windows via FTDI adapter ( using quick connect terminals, as i dont want to solder headers on a potentially faulty module ) . It connected fine. I also did software update. Still not working over usb

BTW - the cable is fine as it connects a separate module ( same model ) perfectly

I think you need to replacement.

1 Like

yes, but i need a go ahead from sparkfun representative

Sparkfun is closed today as it is a national holiday in the USA. You should hear back from them tomorrow or the next day.

1 Like

It does sound like a defective item (since you have a 2nd one working fine); contact Evelta for the replacement unit

Thanks @TS-Russell can you please email them ( just in case ) . I will dm you mine and their email addresses