SRTR with Farsen Rocky100 tag

Last December I bought sparkfun simultaneous RFID reader-M6E Nano. I installed it with sparkfun redboard arduino. I run it using example code for EPC,TID, Password it can read and write but when i try to read or write user memory it always error. I want to make it works with Farsen Rocky100 tag. I’m pretty sure that i use the tag with memory. Could you help me check what is wrong with it. Here i attach link for datasheet from the tag. Any help will be appreciated

http://www.farsens.com/en/products/Rocky100/

http://www.farsens.com/en/products/eval01-spider-r/

I had a look at the datasheet of the Rocky100. An interesting device to provides nice options on RFID, BUT needs a special treatment on user memory.

From the datasheet page 18" As the Reserved, EPC and TID memory banks have to follow a standard-defined structure for its contents, the User memory bank is used to access the additional resources of the tag" .

While the protocol to access the user memory is the same, the user memory is split in a number sections & registers which is completely different than the “normal” user memory (a block a memory to read from and write to), from page 19

“Some of those peripherals just provide information and their corresponding registers can only be read. Others are used to trigger actions, and can only be written. And the rest can be both read and written. Take care of making good use of each register in order to obtain the correct functionality”

It is described in detail in the datasheet and not compatible with the current driver. It will require a good amount of extra programming to make this work.

Thank you for your response. By the way, this is my first project using RFID. Do you have any idea where I should start programming it?

honestly… if this is your first project… it will be a steep hill to climb. You will first have to study the datasheet in detail for the user memory specifications & layout, then make a basic layer to read/write only certain parts of the user memory , build on top of that the layer that communicates with the tag according to the specificiation and on top of the the user interface. I would advice to contact Farsens to understand whether they have resources ( e.g. source code) to start from besides the datasheet

Thanks a lot. Have a great day!