Stationary RPI which receives GPS coordinates with 1cm precision

Hello

I need to create a stationary device (in/on a building) with internet connection which will be able to receive GPS coordinates with 1cm accuracy. I want to use Raspberry pi + GNSS receiver. Is this possible to achieve? If yes, can you give me advice what to buy (which products/antennas/cables and parts) and how to set it up, please? Can you please point me to tutorials?

You have to use a Raspberry Pi. RPI 4 will be enough. For GNSS server, you can choose u-blox ZED-F9P. It is a multi-band GNSS module that supports RTK and provides cm-level accuracy.

thanks for the answer. will be Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W or RPI 3B+ enough? Is possible to read accelerometer values from IMU on u-blox ZED-F9P ?

The ZED-F9P doesn’t have an on-board IMU, you’d need to furnish RTCM3 data from a local base station or NTRIP provider to achieve cm level performance. Perhaps look at kit with ANN-MB antenna and mounting plate. Familiarize yourself with RTK functionality.
The ZED-F9R product has an integrated IMU, data reported via UBX-ESF-MEAS or UBX-ESF-RAWMEAS data forms.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info