Stepping motor Pro Driver - Motor not working

I am using the driver with an arduino mega running just the example basic sketch. The sketch compiles and runs but the motor doesn’t turn. I would attach some photos but can’t see how. I am using a Stepperonline 14HM11-0404S motor.

Check your power supply. Your Stepperonline 14HM11-0404S motor is a NEMA 14 stepper motor with a current rating of 0.4A per phase, your power supply should be able to deliver enough current.

You should be able to copy paste images into the editor when you create a post. I just copy pasted the image below.
16836-SparkFun_ProDriver_-Stepper_Motor_Driver__TC78H670FTG-01a

What are you using to power the motor?

Power supply is rated at 19VDC 4.9A

Here is my setup.

This might be your problem.

19 volts may have killed the board.
Is the motor enable switch off? it needs to be set to user.

Well it still shows power and nothing smoked. Was wondering about the switch as nothing is really mentioned about it. Have a 12VDC, 30 amp supply under my train layout will have to try that.

Does the power led light up on the driver? Does the motor get hard to turn by hand with the power on?

The power led tights on the driver. The motor can still be turned by hand. It was this way when I used a power supply that was 12VDC and 1200ma. That’s why I switched to the 4 amp supply. Think maybe I just got a bad driver board?

If:

• The power LED is on
  • The switch is set to USER
  • You’re running Example1_Basic.ino
  • Your wiring exactly matches the hookup guide

The motor should at least make some sort of sound.
Double check your wiring, I see at least one wire out of place in your picture.