"Target failed to enter bootloader mode." while programming LoRa Thing Plus - expLoRaBLE

I’m attempting to program a LoRa Thing Plus - expLoRaBLE using an Apple Macbook Pro with M2 Pro (Apple silicon). I have verified that I can successfully program a Thing Plus C using this same USB-C cable and port on the Macbook.

While trying to upload to the LoRa Thing Plus I get:

"Artemis SVL Bootloader

Target failed to enter bootload mode. Verify the right COM port is selected and that your board has the SVL bootloader."

I have tried all of the available baud rates and receive the same error.

Arduino IDE 2.1.0

macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Is there something I need to do to the board in order to put it into bootloader mode? I’ve tried holding down each of its buttons while beginning the upload with no difference in results.

I’ve also tried burning both uploaders: Sparkfun Variable Loader and Ambiq Secure Bootloader, and trying to burn the bootload results in:

Connecting over serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-10…

Fail

Fail

Fail

Tries = 3

Upload failed

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Matt

Try re-installing the drivers http://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_MAC_ZIP.html and see how that goes; also try holding RST while plugging it in and then releasing

Does a new COM port appear when you connect it?

Thanks for that. I hadn’t installed those yet as I read something else claiming that newer macOS versions already had that driver. However, after installing that and a reboot I did see port /dev/cu.wchusbserial10 show up. That one does indeed work for uploading.

The original port, /dev/cu.usbserial-10, still shows up and still does not work for programming.

Thank you!