There is no real technical support for the nRF9160 Thing Plus.

We need a cellular modem for our product, we chose a Sparkfun cellular modem evaluation board since it is a breakout board that contains only the components needed to function and includes Nordic Semiconductor’s fantastic cellular modem nRF9160.

Your Sparkfun recommended Circuit Dojo for technical help, which offers a software installation instruction as well as various samples. We are very interested in the HTTP Post Messages application.

With that information, we purchased your breakout board.

Unfortunately, Circuito Dojo’s technical assistance is inadequate; each question can take more than two weeks to be reviewed and his responses do not help to correct the problems.

We have been submitting issues in the forum for more than three months now, and the responses are like, “You should check the XYZ file”, but this answer doesn’t help in any way to solve the problem.

For the reasons stated above, I strongly advise “PLEASE DON’T BUY THE nRF9160 THING PLUS, UNLESS YOU ARE A ZEPHYR EXPERT” because there is no true technical support or even a method to study Zephyr.

You must be a Zephyr expert to learn how to utilize the “nRF9160 Thing Plus” card.

Please label the nRF9160 Thing Plus as “For experts only.

Noted; I’ll pass this feedback along internally.

I haven’t found an easy-to-use RTOS yet, myself :-/

“I haven’t found an easy-to-use RTOS yet, myself :-/” Why are you selling a product when you already know there is no easy way to make it work? even in the absence of any warnings to the buyer?

We purchased your breakout board, you should at least provide a way to get one example to function, or at the very least include a large message that says, “NO SUPPORT, you are on your own.”

We spent at least three months at Circuitdojo attempting to get “https” sample to operate, there is no technical support beyond "Check out the file XYZ, I mean, the included sample did not function!

How in the world are you selling a breakout board without any support? There are no books, videos, or anything about Zephyr, seems like a fraud.