Thing Plus Matter board received with debris in the battery header

Order #: 10242303

Product SKU: DEV-20270

Notes: I ordered four of the Sparkfun Thing Plus Matter - MGM240P boards, I have only been testing one of the boards. When I opened the second one today, I couldn’t connect a battery to the connector. I found an SMT component lodged in the battery header. I was able to remove the foreign body and the battery will connect now. Unfortunately I am unable to get the board to communicate via USB. The only LED that will turn on is the amber CHG LED. I’m trying to determine if the board is defective but am unable to communicate via USB. I have tried both Simplicity Studio SV5.9.1 and Arduino IDE 2.3.2

Was it purchased from us? If so head over to www.sparkfun.com/returns (contact vendor if purchased elsewhere) and we’ll get ya squared away

I tried creating an RMA but after submitting it earlier today, I’ve gotten no feedback and cannot see where it might exist on this system.

When submitting via your web link, I saw this on screen message: “Thanks!

Thanks for your RMA request, we will be in touch soon.”

Do I need to make another attempt?

I returned the Thing Plus Matter boards under RMA 33921 and cannot get any response that these have been received. How can I get help to resolve this?

Check your msgs