Using Reboard Qwiic with Mac OS Ventura 13.6.3

Hi there!

I recently purchased the SparkFun Inventor’s Kit Version 4.1a featuring the SparkFun RedBoard QWIIC. I have followed the instructions in the printed guide to install Arduino IDE and the CH340 USB Drivers (including uninstalling the USB drivers already on my computer), but they are still not showing up in Arduino IDE. My computer is running Mac OS Ventura 13.6.3 and I am worried that the board isn’t compatible with my operating system? Also, the printed instructional guide says I that I should be using Arduino 1.8.9, but I could find that option at arduino.cc/downloads. I have tried this with

Arduino IDE 2.2.1, Arduino IDE 1.8.19 and the web browser version, but can’t figure it out.

Thanks!

Using the newer arduino IDE is fine, just note the buttons/look won’t be exactly the same

Try swapping ports/cables; it might also help to test on a 2nd machine (if available)…it sounds like you’ve already been through this https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ho … rs#mac-osx but it might not hurt to try it over again from the beginning