Using SCT013-020 or 030 with the SEN-31409 Curent Sensor Board

I will be receiving my SEN-31409 board today and already have SCT013-020 and 030 sensors with the 3.5mm plugs However I am getting conflicting info as to how to use them with the SEN-31409.

Can I simply plug them in and change the parameters or do I need to do more? Some places say I need to cut the burden resistor loose on the board and others say not to.

Thank you,

You can just plug-and-play, looks like (the guide uses the same part #)…though it does mention needing calibration before real use to reduce noise Hardware Assembly | SparkFun Non-Invasive Current Sensor - ADE7953 (Qwiic)

Thank you for the info. The guide talks about the SCT013-000 which is the 50ma output version where the ones I have are 1V output. A few places allude the 1V versions will work and others say no. Even Ai is consistent!

Ah, sorry - when I googled that part # they looked to be the same to me. On the 10A:1V version the clamp has a resistor of unknown value, which in theory would create a parallel circuit (combining with our own shunt resistor)
Schematic

If you have a known AC voltage source you could plug it in and see what value gets returned with both the board and probe resistors in-place and calculate based on such…

Assuming the winding ratio is 1800:1, the internal resistance should be 180 ohms, which would cause a parallel shunt resistance of 0.01499, so basically it would ignore the internal resistance and still measure fine but the code would need to be changed to reflect a ratio of 1800:1 as well

Thank you. I have installed the board with an SCT013-020 (20A) sensor. Changing the code now to talk to it and hopefully have answers later today… I have 20/30/40 and 50 here…and I have the SCT013-000 (100).