What is going on out there in Niwot?

Is anyone in the office at SFE? My order went “shipped” the day after I submitted it (a week ago yesterday) but Fedex says they still don’t have the box. I emailed support@sparkfun.com 48 hours ago, no reply, and of course that’s my only option since the phone number connects to a pre-recorded announcement. What to do?

Yes, but we are not open to the public

The usual turnaround response time for CS emails is 1-3 days…that being said, someone is on the case an will follow up through email (it likely had an item that went out of stock as it was being picked, or it got lost in transit somewhere…but again, they’ll let you know via email response)

Well it’s hard to tell where the box was, but I just got an email from Fedex that they have now picked it up.

The website said all items were plentifully in stock at the time of the order.

Thanks @TS-Russell. I’m curious about what you mean by “Yes, but we are not open to the public”.

I tried to ship an old CRT monitor from St Louis to Maryland a few months ago and it got lost somewhere in the USPS system for six weeks. So it isn’t hard to imagine a little box with an RTK GPS board, a GNSS antenna, and metal groundplane inside falling off the conveyor at SFE, maybe it gets kicked under one of the main breaker panels or a soda machine where it waits for a rescue, and the cleaning crew comes through twice a week but they just happened to miss it the first time so a couple of days goes by and then the box makes it into the lost & found and is already there when CS works their way down through the voluminous stack of equally-unlikely situations and goes to see if the box is there. And it is! :sunglasses:

FedEx delivered the box today. And the order was almost correct! I got a $14 robot chassis instead of the $85 GNSS antenna I ordered. Maybe two out of three isn’t that bad (I think in the late 70s that was the case). I emailed Molly R at customer service about it.

Only silence from SFE CS…

I’ll try and see what’s going on again

Thanks @TS-Russell, I got my replacement antenna on June 8, thanks to your efforts.