XCTU cannot find SparkFun Thing Plus - XBee3 Micro

Hi, I just bought a sparkfun thing plus xbee board and I was following the hookup guide to get started with the board, but the XCTU program isn’t able to find the device. I checked that I have the correct drivers installed and used the recovery tool from XCTU but nothing worked. I also checked if there was any problem with the USB to UART bridge but it seems to work fine, however the DOUT pin of the xbee module is always LOW, with a voltage of about 1.4 V, so I assume that’s the problem: the RF module doesn’t respond to the USB to UART bridge and XCTU is unable to find my device. I don’t know if the module is broken or if I can do something else to fix this.

Do you have another cable/port/PC you can try? Maybe also try removing and re-installing the cp2104 drivers

If none of those alter the behavior, it sounds like it might be defective - head to www.sparkfun.com/returns/ if bought from us, or contact vendor for similar if bought elsewhere

Thanks for your response.

Something really weird happened, I haven’t used the board since last week. Today I connected it to my PC and the blue LED connected to pin 4 turned on, I re-installed the drivers and XCTU found the device. I was able to update the firmware and even turn on and off the blue LED using the micropython terminal, however after a few minutes there was a connection error and the XCTU program cannot find my device again.

The blue LED turns on randomly and at those moments XCTU can establish a connection. So it seems the drivers and cable are fine but there is a problem with the module.