9DOF Razor installation

Trying to install 9DOF RAZOR following the instructions given in

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/9d … e-firmware

I have installed the Arduino SAMD Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex-M3) by Arduino in the Boards Manager and it shows “installed” in blue.

I followed the instructions to add additional board URLs in File>Preferences.

The Arduino SAMD board shows up in the list of boards in the Board Manager (Tools > Board) but the listing is “greyed out” and cannot be selected. It has the same appearance as shown in the tutorial just under the Heading “Select the Board and Serial Port”. However the SAMD does not appear next to the listing Board under Tools.

The board still appears as a COM port.

There must be some step I am missing or one that has been left out!

Hi RBerliner,

It looks like you may have skipped the step of installing the SparkFun board definitions after including the json URL in your Preferences. You will want to go back to the Boards Manager tool, search for “SparkFun SAMD Boards” and install the most recent version of those board definitions.

After you do that, you should see the option for “SparkFun SparkFun 9DoF Razor IMU M0” in your Tools>Board>SparkFun SAMD (32-bits ARM Cortex-M0+) Boards menu.

I hope this helps get you started with the 9DoF Razor. If you continue to have issues or have any other questions about the Razor, please reply to this post and we would be happy to help as much as we can.

Thank you - that did it!