Artemis BlackBoard with Arduino IDE

I have been struggling to get any of three new BlackBoard boards to work with the Arduino IDE. After loading the new version of the IDE, adding the board with the board manager, finally getting to it to show up as a new port number on Windows, now I constantly get this message:

Artemis SVL Bootloader

COM4 is currently open. Please close any other terminal programs that may be using COM4 and try again.

I have nothing else going on with that port. I have rebooted. I have disconnected and reconnected. I have tried three different BlackBoards.

So, I have waited almost a week, with no response.

So, what do I do?

This situation with SparkFun’s lack of technical support is very frustrating. I have two products from you. Neither one will work. I posted comments on the forum, since there is nothing else to do and I get no response. It is not clear to me that buying from SparkFun is the way to go.

I apologize that nobody got back to you sooner. We were trying to reproduce the same issue and finally determined that this is most likely caused when the boards have not been upgraded to the most recent bootloader firmware. Have you tried this? The instructions can be found at the top of this post:

viewtopic.php?f=163&t=50480&p=206258&hi … 2A#p206258

Thanks for the message. I go to the link you provided and I see some instructions and it stresses to go to the read me first part, but that is not a link and I do not know where to go.

I tried searching on the web and I found:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/de … leshooting

I followed the instructions for loading the bootloader and that seemed to go well (no error messages. I load a simple blink program and now that board is failing in a different way.

Now, I get the message:

Artemis SVL Bootloader

error receiving packet

{‘len’: 32770, ‘cmd’: 0, ‘data’: 0, ‘crc’: 1, ‘timeout’: 1}

Do you get that message repeatedly? What version of the Apollo3 core are you using? If the ‘burn bootloader’ step said ‘upload complete’ that is a good sign and a step in the right direction. Can you please turn on verbose compilation and uploading and post the full error message?