attiny Programmer - 11802, port not recognized in IDE 2.0.

I can not get my programmer to be recognized by the new Arduino 2.0. Correctly using 2,0-rc6, but have had no success with any attempts with any 2.0. I have used it many times with all 1.8,19 down though 1.8.11.

In 2.0 I can select the board, in my case attiny85, clock 1khz etc. But can not upload programs successfully used in the 1.8.19 IDE.??? I am using a new DELL XPS with Windows 11. use ZAGID to install drivers. Device Manager shows FabISP under Libusb-win32. I can see it appear and disappear as I plug and unplug the programmer. I have copied the TINY add on to the PREFRENCES. I believe that is working as it shows in the Board Manager and is selectable.

My concern is that the driver from ZADIG shows as libsub-win32. Is their a win64 driver needed?? If so where may I find it?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and help!

Preston

The tiny programmer doesn’t generate a COM port so you won’t see one. As far as I know, there isn’t a 64 bit version of the driver. Try installing 1.8.19 on win11 an see if it works there. If not, you might need a win10 computer to use the programmer.

Yes I can program using Win 11 and Arduino 1.8.18, but not 2.0-rc3 through -rc6. insists it needs a com port. By the way thanks for the reply and help!

I keep 1.8.19 on he computer to just program the attiny85’s and the teensy 4.1. But -2.0-rc5 and -rc6 allow teensy. So if I can get the attiny working I won’t need the 1.8.19!

For anyone having a similar problem, the Arduino Team did respond on their forum. They acknowledge a bug in IDE 2.0-rc6 and probably earlier versions. The bug will not allow uploading without a selected port. Of course the Tiny Programmer does not use a port. The tested and successful work around is to use the " Upload Using Programmer" option in the Sketch Menus. Keyboard shortcut shift+control+u. They confirm that the driver is fine.

Thanks for the update/info!