Cannot get CSRS PPP-AR to work with my data

I have sent in my .obs file with a couple of variations but always get this error back:

“Warning : Your dataset cannot be processed using ambiguity resolution (PPP-AR) because it only contains GLONASS data or single-frequency GPS data.”

Without the PPP the lat/lon 95% sigma is about 1.8 meters.

What could I be doing wrong?

I have selected L1,L2,L5 in RTKCONV and in U-Center I have enabled the 02-15 message ( RXM-RAWX) per the “how to” article (otherwise using the factory supplied settings).

I tried using the file from the micro SD card and a file made by recording from the USB port.

Help.

Ken

What device do you use to record data?

Can you follow that tutorial?

Thanks for the reply.

I found the problem.

My antenna feeds several GPS consumers. The others are timing and frequency standards and only use L1. I had forgotten that the splitter I am using has a bandpass filter in it that passes ONLY the L1 signal.

Apparently it is quite a good filter.

I did a short run with the filter removed and the error message has gone away. I will do an over-night run tonight and hope to have some PPP results tomorrow.

I did note that I have no L5 data.
edit: I see in the generation 9 configuration view that L5 is grayed out.
So I suppose there will be no L5 data in the recording.
Not sure if it is of any use in this context.

My overnight data resulted in 95% positions of:
X +/- 0.061 m
Y +/- 0.111 m
Z +/- 0.073 m

not nearly as good as the “tutorial”.
Is it acceptable as a streamer for RTK2GO?

I think there is not quality check on RTK2GO so it should be acceptable. :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, it is not a good result. There should be an issue somewhere. Can you share the report?

What antenna are you using? Is it under open sky? Can you share a picture of your antenna installation?

It says new users cannot insert attachments here. But if there is one page or one section of the report you want to see, I could probably copy/paste in the text.

My antenna is in the attic of my house, so it has to “look through” the roofing materials (asphalt composition shingles on a 90-degree peaked roof). It gets plenty of signal, but perhaps there are phase delays that don’t correspond to something that can be corrected in the same way as tropospheric delays.

The alternative would be to place the antenna on a balcony where it would have unobstructed sky overhead, but it would have the building blocking much of the sky to the WSW side and it would be lower.

Would there be any benefit to using this solution as a starting point? (And how would you do that?) I suspect it would not change things - it would just result in converging on a solution a bit sooner.

Lastly - is there a need to put the length of the antenna cable into the system somewhere? I have about 7 meters of cable between the antenna and the receiver. I know my old HP time/frequency standard had a data entry for that.

Thanks

GNSS REFERENCE STATION INSTALLATION AND OPERATION BEST PRACTICES

Not only you are very far from this but RTK may not be usable with your base looking at your report. Can you get RTK with a rover using your base?

Overall, I would suggest you not to share your base on RTK2Go or any other service.

My antenna is in the attic of my house, so it has to “look through” the roofing materials

If you want high precision, the antenna must have a clear view of the sky. You may get GNSS signals indoors but these materials cause all sorts of distortions and are the reason for the inaccuracy of the PPP results.

Thanks for confirming that. Does it matter much if my clear view of the sky is limited in some directions? I guess I could do a temporary lash-up at the intended location and see how the numbers fall out.

I will set up a private server here and see if my rover works with what I have. The “rover” BTW is a DJI Mavic 3E with the DJI RTK module.