Component identity

help me identify the following component

Inkedidentify_LI.jpg

Not sure what that is, you might try posting in a more appropriate forum like the one below to see if anyone can assisit.

viewforum.php?f=152

Agree with YellowDog… It would also help to provide more information (what board or in what device etc ?).

It looks to me like a relais as it looks to have the same footprint as the K2 next to it. A ‘K’ is normally used to indicate a relais

Sorry. Can’t help. At first glance, it looked like a ceramic cement power resistor. But later it looked like a connector. I think it will be better if you post with some more pictures from other sides also.

I’m pretty sure, based on the footprint and the reference designator, that it is a relay.

I think it’s a relay, too.

But I’m also wondering why OP is asking about it.

The watermark is for a stock photo provider.

Looking at the traces for the missing one next to it, it is a dual form C (DPDT) relay

/mike

thanks, guys. is there a way I can troubleshoot it to prove that it is a relay? I can see most of the experts are settling for a relay. Can it be proved experimentally or even through test equipment if we have any that is available?

I was trying to read more about the relays here https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ … -tutorials but I have not come across any idea on how I can try to troubleshoot it. Anyone with an idea i would appreciate

thanks

The only way is to try to reverse engineer the schematics by following the different traces. Maybe more components are missing ( e.g. a transistor that would drive the relais or a fly-back diode)

That said I NEVER install a component on a board if I am not sure 100% what it will do.