Corrupt archive - sparkfun_jetbot_v01-00.zip

Uncompressing the sparkfun_jetbot_v01-00.zip archive, gives the following using the unzip tool:

Archive: sparkfun_jetbot_v01-00.zip

warning [sparkfun_jetbot_v01-00.zip]: 4804908993 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile

(attempting to process anyway)

error [sparkfun_jetbot_v01-00.zip]: start of central directory not found;

zipfile corrupt.

(please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the

appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

Using the jar tool gives:

jar xvf sparkfun_jetbot_v01-00.zip

Error! CRCs do not match! Got 0, expected a50344ad

Please advice

Hi stenhh,

Hmm, I am not entirely sure what would be causing that outside of an issue with the unzip tool or your operating system. I just ran a test download on a Windows 10 machine and had no issues unzipping it so the image file is fine and it would point to something on your end.

I had this issue on Mac. I was able to resolve it using a tool other than unzip in the terminal. I ended up using WinZip. I was able to unzip the .img and flash my SD.

I think this might just be a Mac-specific issue, with how “Archive Utility” works. I tested a different third-party program “Unarchiver” and it worked fine as well. (*Kind of weird because the image was compressed on a Linux computer.)

I had the same problem in Linux with this file. There is a problem with this archive. I was able to get it unzipped by running the following command:

zip -FF sparkfun_jetbot_v01-00.zip --out sparkfun_jetbot.zip

I dug into this issue a little bit more… it seems like a compatibility issue with different archive tools.

*My guess is that the CRC for the various applications might be handling the blank space of the image file differently (i.e. one might ignore the space while the other views the space as blank data) or something happened when the file was transferred from the Jetson > File Compression > SD card > PC Disk Drive > Shared Network Drive > Web Service.

That being said… I am going to leave this as an open/known issue for the time being (since there are workarounds), with the intention of fixing this with the next revision (we should be updating the kit with the new Jetson module and qwiic motor driver). Also, I tested the workaround by @SloppyDingoand that command will fix the CRC issues and create a new zip file.

Users can then extract the image from the sparkfun_jetbot.zip file using the archive utility (or default program). Otherwise, for both Mac & Linux, users can then unzip the files with the following command:

unzip sparkfun_jetbot.zip

[Winzip for Mac and Windows will unzip the file so give that a try. :)](WinZip for Windows - Zip Files, Unzip Files)