Hobby Motor with Encoder - Metal Gear (DG01D-E) connector

I’m interested in getting some Hobby Motor with Encoder - Metal Gear (DG01D-E) but I need to replace the existing ribbon cable. Does anyone know what the connector on the actual motor is called please?

Can’t say for exact sure but it looks like a JST-PH 6 pin.

Amazon will probably have a cable.

If you’re willing to do some soldering, you could remove the existing plug and attach your own ad hoc connector. The housing holding the encoder assembly just pries apart, though you’ll need tape or glue to put it back together.

Hi, I was comparing the Hobby Motor with Encoder - Metal Gear (DG01D-E) and the Hobby Motor with Encoder - Plastic Gear (Pair, Red) and I was wondering about the encoder specifications on the Hobby Motor with Encoder - Metal Gear (DG01D-E). Does anyone know what the CPR of the encoder is, or where to find it. I didn’t find anything on the Data Sheet, Description, or Features about this. In the Plastic Gear version, it says the CPR is 585, so would that be the same with the metal gear version?

I haven’t touched my (blue) motors in a while, but as far as I remember, the disc had 3 pole pairs, and according to the product page, the gear ratio is 1:48. So that would be 144 or 288 CPR, depending on how you set up your encoder-reading code. The best way to test it if you’re not sure is to tell it to run 144 counts, and if it made only half a turn, you know it’s 288 CPR, etc.

Though from what I have seen with built-in gearboxes, it is most certainly not 1:48.00000, so if you need high precision, you need an actual integer:integer ratio. To get that, you would have to open it up and count teeth…