How to connect SAMD21 Pro RF to ATECC508A board?

I have the SAMD21 Pro RF board and the ATECC508A board. I want to connect them using wires instead of a Qwiic connector. However, the SAMD21 Pro RF board doesn’t have SDA and SCL pins, which are present on the ATECC508A board. After reading forums, I understand that I can connect the SDA and SCL pins of the ATECC508A board to any digital pins on the SAMD21 Pro RF board. I connected SDA and SCL to pins D2 and D3, but I can’t initiate the ATECC508A board (atecc.begin). Do I need to explicitly specify the pins to which I connected the SDA and SCL pins on the ATECC508A board in the code?

Yes, I tried explicitly specifying the pins, but the ATECC508A still didn’t respond.

I attempted it in a similar manner:

#include <SparkFun_ATECCX08a_Arduino_Library.h>
#include <Wire.h>

#define SDA_PIN 2  // ATECC508A's SDA pin is connected to D2 on SAMD21 Pro RF
#define SCL_PIN 3  // ATECC508A's SCL pin is connected to D3 on SAMD21 Pro RF

Wire.begin(SDA_PIN, SCL_PIN);

However, it did not yield any results.

Upon examining the SparkFun Pro RF board schematic, I can see that the SDA and SCL pins from the AtSAMd21 controller are directly connected to the Qwiic connector, and there are no other SDA and SCL outputs on the board. Hence, I am trying to understand how to connect the ATECCX08A to the SparkFun Pro RF without using the Qwiic connector.