Interfacing with Matlab through USB port of Mosaic-X5 Triband GNSS RTK Breakout

I am trying to interface with Matlab as a serial port through the USB-C Port on the breakout board. However, no data is being transmitted through the serial port when connected to Matlab. Output from the USB-C works properly when connected to RxTools software, just not when connected to a third-party application like Matlab. I had a long discussion with Septentrio Support and they couldn’t help and said it must be a handshake issue between the port and Matlab. Has anyone had this issue before and/or is there a known way to fix it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi @taho2192 ,

It might be easier to connect to one of the UART COM ports instead using a “FTDI” cable or breakout board? Just make sure you have the cable / board configured for 3.3V.

If the COM port is unresponsive, you can send an “escape” sequence to wake it. From the firmware manual:

"
A connection that is not configured in CMD mode or auto mode will be blocked for user commands. There are two ways to re-enable the command input on a blocked connection. The first way is to reconfigure the connection by entering the command setDataInOut from another connection. The second way is to send the “escape sequence” consisting of a succession of ten “S” characters to the blocked connection within a time interval shorter than 5 seconds.
"

"
By default, all COM ports are set to a baud rate of 115200 baud, using 8 data-bits, no parity, 1 stop-bit and no flow control.
"

This Arduino code might help:

I hope this helps,
Paul

Start by looking at this page. Serial and USB Communication - MATLAB & Simulink