Monster moto shield max amp

Is the max amp rating a rating per channel or for the two motors combined?

Would it e.g. be possible to run the channels in parallel and run a motor with 28a continuous current (and 60a peak current)?

Modules with just one channel, which use the VNH2SP30 also have a continuous amp rating of 14a, therefore the assumption that I can use up to 28a continuous current, if I combine the two channels.

The IC’s will handle it, but I don’t know if the traces on the board will. Also, you will probably need some active cooling to keep the IC’s happy.

TS-Chris:
The IC’s will handle it, but I don’t know if the traces on the board will. Also, you will probably need some active cooling to keep the IC’s happy.

Ok, thanks. Then I will probably try it. Concerning the cooling: I will have the motor running for only around 10-20sec at around 15a and then have a big pause (I'm motorizing a height adjustable table). Do you reckon, that a passive cooler might be enough for such short usages?

Possibly, but you will need to monitor the temperature to see for sure. If the chips get too hot to put a finger on longer than a second or two, they probably need cooling.