Myoware 2.0 No Output

Hello,

Hooking up the Myoware 2.0 sensor into our setup (which works perfectly with the Myoware 1.0 sensor) results in just noise. We have gone through the standard troubleshooting steps (replacing board with another 2.0 sensor 3-4x, checking power to boards, removing possible ground loops and isolating the power supply, etc., adjusting electrode position, used two different Arduinos, adjusting the gain) with no appreciable difference. We are wondering if this is a fixable or known issue, or if we need to get the boards replaced.

Thank you

Can you share a photo of the setup/sensor placement?

The alignment matters a lot on these; it should look something like this https://cdn.sparkfun.com//assets/parts/ … _Shot-.jpg where the MID and END electrodes are aligned with the muscle band

Hello,

unfortunately I am currently facing the exact same issues.

I have one MyoWare 1.0 sensor that works perfectly fine with my setup. When replacing the sensor with the MyoWare 2.0, I can’t get any signals out of it.

I followed the whole “Getting Started” Tutorial on the Sparkfun webpage and read the documentation provided by MyoWare.

What I already tried:

• replacing cables between Arduino and notebook

• replacing cables between Arduino and sensor

• brading cables

• using the notebook without beeing plugged to the wall

• replacing the Arduino

• replacing the sensor (I have two MyoWare 2.0 sensors: one with cut jumper pad, one with original)

• switching between 3.3 V and 5 V supply voltage

• cleaning the skin before applying electrodes and using new electrodes every time

• trying diffrent positions on different muscles (biceps, forearm)

• using the built-in reference snap connector with original jumper pad

• using the reference cable with cut jumper pad

• adjusting the gain

• changing the baud rate to 115200 as in the example code

All I ever get out of the sensor is just a constant 0 or 1023 or maybe some noise from moving/touching the cables. I am just wondering why it is working with the MyoWare 1.0 and not with the MyoWare 2.0.

Any ideas welcome!

Photos of my setup are attached. Thank you :slight_smile:

katja_ ; you may have a defective sensor - if purchased form Sparkfun, head over to www.sparkfun.com/returns and fill out the form, if purchased from a vendor simply contact them for similar