nRF24L01+ and Arduino Uno

I am doing an evaluation of the nrf24L01+ modules (product 705) using an Arduino Uno as the host. I have downloaded and flashed the example in the Hookup Guide, and followed the wiring, also in the guide.

I changed the two pins as described and the code appears to run, I see the prompts described. If I place the radio into transmit mode, I see a series of outputs in the Monitor saying the transmission failed. The transmission does not succeed at all.

I have had a 'scope on the signals and observed that depending upon where the 'scope was connected, the transmission worked.

I have also tried using different SPI speeds without success.

The radio is connected to the Uno using Dupont wires, they are about 3-4" long.

The radio is powered from the Uno 5V, the Uno is powered from USB and I have measured the 5V at the input to the nRF24 board, it is correct.

So, has anyone had success using this board with an Arduino Uno?

You can proceed according to this: https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ … acing.html

There are a couple of more tutorials in the same series featuring Arduino and nRF24L01. You may find solutions to your problems.

Thank you. Your article is about a different board, the nRF24L01, do your comments also apply to the nRF24L01+?