NTRIP corrections work with some cell phones but not others

Hello, I have an RTK Express (firmware v4.0) which I am trying to supply Skylark correctional data to through SW Maps. My iPhone with the Express in Bluetooth BLE mode fails to do this and the NTRIP client repeatedly disconnects and reconnects. The Express seems to communicate with my iPhone just fine without trying to use the NTRIP client. A coworker’s Android phone and the Express in Bluetooth SPP mode works with the NTRIP client, no issues with disconnecting. I’m wondering if this sounds like an issue with the Express, my iPhone, SW Maps, or Skylark? Any obvious things to try first to get correctional data to the Express with the iPhone?

Try running through the steps here https://docs.sparkfun.com/SparkFun_RTK_ … #apple-ios and see if maybe something got overlooked…

If that doesn’t help, you could always get an android go-phone for $40-60 and just not activate a SIM/plan for it…bluetooth, wifi, and GPS all still operate normally and use that instead

Apple products are very picky about what devices they will connect to unless that device has been approved by Apple. :frowning: I’m not sure any sparkfun devices are Apple approved unfortunately.

Thanks for suggestions. I haven’t found a solution to the iPhone issue but I have come up with a suitable workaround. I acquired a cheap Android tablet which I am using to communicate with the GPS. I set up a hotspot from my iPhone and connect to that from the tablet so that the Skylark correctional data can be transferred over the internet.