output RTK-surveyor?

Hello everybody,

I just got the surveyor and I am in the process of setting up the following system for outdoor mapping:

RTK data is received by my iphone und transmitted via wlan hotspot to a microsoft surface go 2 tablet using the Ntripclient (lefebure). GPS input comes via L1/L2 antenna and the surveyor via BT in the tablet. the surveyor creates two ports, com 4 and com3. Starting the ntripclient, the gps data comes in via com3 and the rtk via iphone and the surveyor indicates RTK on the LED, so far everything looks nice. However, If I want to use my mapping software (ocad) com3 cannot be opened (because it is busy with the ntripclient, I assume) and com 4 doesn’t send any recognizable data. I also cannot use com4 for input of the GPS signal from the antenna.

To check if my mapping software is compatible with the setup, I stopped the ntrip client, and the GPS signal flows perfectly from the antenna via surveyor and BT com3 to the tablet and provides live access in my mapping software , the surveyor indicates 100cm, so this part works perfectly.

Now I just have to get the two things together to get rtk date into my mapping software? I was assuming that the second port com4 is in charge of this, but this port doesn’t send or recieve any regognizable data?

Unfortunately I cannot use android as my mapping software is windows based, so I cannot compare it with the software used in the hook up guide

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Stephan

My guess is that this is likely a setting in the Surface Go 2 that needs to be modified, because of how the ports are being assigned by the OS…Perhaps try using a different laptop/device if one is available?

Can you save the data, and interpret it later?

thanks for the hint. I tried it on a motion windows tablet, and it behaves exactly the same, one port works for the mapping software without rtk or for the ntrip client but never both and the other port doesn’t seem to transmitt any nmea data. same picture with the u-center.

unfortunately I need the live data as I am directly using my position to draw the map.

Any other suggestions?