Qwiic Iridium 9603N (SPX-16394) Feedback

I wanted to provide some feedback on the new version of the Qwiic Iridium 9603N (SPX-16394). I know the primary use is as a plug and play Qwiic module, but I was also hoping to use it as a generic breakout board for the 9603N modules for a project I’m working on.

The test points on the bottom which expose the RX and TX for the module are fine, but others might find it useful if they were also broken out on the PTH row near the edge of the board.

My biggest challenge is that there is too much glue and both connectors are glued together. When I removed the screws and separated them, the plastic housing of the 9603N’s pin header remained glued to the mating connector on the board and I was left with two nice rows of small pins sticking out from the 9603N. I got everything back together now, but still haven’t been able to use a different module with the board yet. I’ll try cleaning the glue up a bit next week.

I understand most people will not be removing the module (and it’s probably not really a supported thing) but it would be nice to be able to more easily swap out the 9603N module.

Matt, thanks for posting on the forums.

Thank you for your feedback here. I suppose we wanted this product to be pretty specific when we decided to use glue on some of the components. Perhaps in the future we can make a board that is more versatile. I will let our engineers know of this interest in our community.

Cheers and happy hacking!