Qwiic PT100 - ADS122C04, SPX-16770, use with PT1000 sensor

Hello, I have several 1000ohm RTDs I would like to use but I’m struggling to figure out if i can modify this board to work with a PT1000 sensor. I looked up the data sheet for the ADS122C04 as linked from the product page, specifially section 9.2.2 page 54 but it goes over by head. Can this Qwiic PT100 be modifed to use PT1000 by removing a couple resistors and replacing with different resistance? I have replaced SMT chip resistors before so if someone can tell me which ones and what resistance to replace them with out too much trouble I’d be grateful and give it a try.

Thank you

Hi @bnemec,

It will be possible to use PT1000 but you will have to investigate what gain and constant current drive to use, and almost certainly replace the 1620 Ohm precision resistor with a more suitable value. The datasheet is really detailed and may mention PT1000? There are also a couple of application notes in the GitHub repo which will help:

https://github.com/sparkfunX/Qwiic_PT10 … /Documents

The temperature-measurement accuracy is driven by the tolerance and temperature stability of the precision resistor, so - if you do change it - please bear this in mind. A generic SMD resistor won’t do.

Best wishes,

Paul