Qwiic PT100-ADS122C04

Some time back, I purchased a Qwiic PT100-ADS12C04 which I used as a raw voltage ADC, not with a PRT. It worked well, but, unfortunately, I lost it when my remote site got flooded. I can replace the open log artemis, but the retired PT100 I cannot. Is there any chance Sparkfun will reintroduce this part, or perhaps a Qwiic board based on another Texas Instruments 24 bit ADC ?

Hi @bluetongue,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

We retired the Qwiic PT100 as it wasn’t a big seller but primarily because the ADS122C04 was out of stock everywhere. I am now seeing some stock of the QFN version, but the SSOP version is still out of stock - new stock is due March next year.

I am seeing good stock levels of the ADS1219IPWR. It is 24-bit (20-bit effective), 1kHz sampling, 4-input (2x differential or 4x single), programmable gain (x1 - x4), supports I2C, has a built-in 2.048 voltage reference. It does not have the built-in precision current source which you need for PT100 measurement, but you say you weren’t using our board to measure temperature.

I’ll talk to my colleagues. Maybe it is time for a Qwiic ADS1219.

TI offer an evaluation board for the ADS1219 that may get you up and running: https://www.ti.com/tool/BOOSTXL-ADS1219 . It is designed to plug into their LaunchPad development board, but it looks like you can also use it stand-alone.

Best wishes,

Paul

Thanks Paul. I appreciate the information. I’m looking into this further.

All the best.

Bluetongue.