Razor IMU M0 not working with battery

Razor IMU works through usb connection blue and red leds on and logs to SD card. However, when i connect a charged 3.7v LiPo battery and no usb connection there are no illuminated LEDs and no data logs to SD card. If I connect usb, amber charging LED is illuminated as expected when imu is switched off and blue and red LEDs illuminate when unit is switched on but still no log to SD card and does not appear to be any serial output to IDE setial monitor. Grateful for any solutions.

Hi maj8,

Although I would expect something a bit more catastrophic than simply not working (eg. the dreaded puff of smoke), please check that your battery’s polarity matches the JST connector on the 9DoF Razor. If it does, can you please take a couple of photos of your 9DoF Razor and attach them to your reply? Please do your best to make sure they are clear and well-lit.

TS-Mark:
Hi maj8,

Although I would expect something a bit more catastrophic than simply not working (eg. the dreaded puff of smoke), please check that your battery’s polarity matches the JST connector on the 9DoF Razor. If it does, can you please take a couple of photos of your 9DoF Razor and attach them to your reply? Please do your best to make sure they are clear and well-lit.

Hi TS-Mark

You are correct - the batteries supplied to me had reversed poarity JST - thankfully the board does not seem to have been affected. Reversed the cables and lights now as expected.

Much appreciated.

Thanks for the update! I’m glad to hear the board does not seem to be damaged. If you run into any other issues with your 9DoF Razor or have any questions about it or other SparkFun products you are using, let us know and we would be happy to help as much as we can.

Happy Hacking!