RP400 Unstable Power Connection

Hi All,

I got my RP400 kit for 7 months. It’s been working fine until about a month ago.

Seems to me that the RP400 would become unresponsive(power green light still on) even with micro vibration around power connector.

I am powering RP400 with the power adapter in the kit, running Ubuntu 20.04 on a 128GB micro-sd card.

A few things I have tried but didn’t work:

1. Put RP400 on a stable table, power it on, running nothing but the OS itself, it still becomes unresponsive after a few hours.

2. Switch back to the raspberry pi os that came with the kit on another 16GB micro-sd card, same thing happened.

3. Tighten the cable connection doesn’t help. Issue could be reproduced if I shake the cable a bit when RP400 running normally.

Any suggestions on what I could do to fix it? Is it likely caused by loosen cable/connector or just MCU periodically crashes?

Thanks!

It sounds like it might either be the cable or the connector - unfortunately 7 months doesn’t fall within our included warranty (30 days). Perhaps you could try opening the case an seeing if the connector needs to be re-affixed, or testing a different cable?