RTK Facet Display Pixelated

Hi all,
The other day my RTK Facet GPS got hot while outside grabbing GPS locations. I let it cool down inside and the screen is still pixelated when I try to turn it on. The screen has now become pixelated whenever it is on and I can’t see the settings anymore to adjust or update it based on what I need. Is there a fix I can do for it or do I need to contact SparkFun for a repair?

I think it is better to try factory reset.

Okay, I looked around for results on how to do that and what I found shows reconfiguring the SD Card. I don’t have an SD card setup with my unit, I was connecting it via Bluetooth to my phone to the app to collect data.

Sources: Configure with Settings File - SparkFun RTK Product Manual

I haven’t been able to find anything else about how to reset it otherwise, or instructions on how to reset it with a computer via usb-c

You can find the Factory Reset docs here, but I don’t believe that’s the issue.

A hot (even very hot) receiver should not lead to pixelation. It sounds like a display board failure for some reason. If you’re within the 1 year warranty period for our GNSS products, I recommend you start an RMA and we’ll get it inspected and fixed. If the device is outside the 1 year warranty, we offer repair parts and repair docs.

1 Like